The compassionate touch of hospice care is felt by millions of families across the U.S. every year. Hospice of Michigan, the state’s original nonprofit hospice, provides medical, spiritual and emotional support to help terminally ill patients and families face life’s final chapter with the comfort, dignity and respect they desire and deserve.
Hospice is a healthcare benefit available to everyone—and Hospice of Michigan is the most comprehensive provider in the state, serving 46 counties throughout the Lower Peninsula. We brought hospice to Michigan 40 years ago and remain committed to our nonprofit mission to provide care to anyone who needs it regardless of age, diagnosis or ability to pay.
What $25 Will Buy?
Can provide one month of hospice care – including medication and clinical bedside visits – to five patients.
Can provide one week of continuous care for a pediatric hospice patient and their family.
Can provide grief support to one individual coping with the death of a loved on.
Can provide one day of medication and supplies for one patients.
Text GAQB to 56651
Please share your story and encourage your friends and family to contribute to Hospice of Michigan, complete with a symbolic “hand off” on social media. After all, that’s what a good quarterback does: executes the all-important hand off. And if all goes as planned, the hand off will turn into a touchdown.
It’s easy. Create a video and:
- Share how you’ve been touched by hospice care or a story about a loved one
- State you will donate $25 to Hospice of Michigan
- Challenge others to do the same and tag them in your post
- Hold something you can do a symbolic “hand off” with when you’re ready to challenge friends and family to participate. This can be a football, baseball, basketball, etc. or photo or another memento of someone who’s important to you
- Whatever the item, hold it throughout the video, then hand it offscreen/out of frame as you state who you’re handing the challenge to next.
- Post the video on your social media pages (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)Tag: Hospice of Michigan
- Tag: Who you’re challenging
- Include: Link to donate www.GiveAQuarterback.com
- Use Hashtags: #GiveAQuarterBack #HandOff4HOM